On Wednesday night, I came home from dance to find that I had a WordPress notification waiting for me. It said that Hannah Haynes had commented on my About page. I thought this was strange, since I don’t have any other comments on that page. Curious, I clicked on the notification to see what she had commented; but of course, my phone took ages to load.
I figured that if my phone wasn’t going to load, maybe the notification wasn’t that important, so I left it for a bit. When it finally loaded, I jumped into the air and skipped around my room. Hannah had nominated me for the Inspirational Blogger Award! The other day, I was thinking about how great these blogging awards are for creating a sense of community around your blog – so thank you so much for nominating me, Hannah!
There are some rules for this award: thank the blogger who nominated you, list the rules and display the award, share seven facts about yourself, and nominate other inspiring blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them! So, without further ado… here are seven facts about me:
- Sharks are my favourite animal, and I have been swimming with them twice. The first time was a shark-cage experience in Hawaii, and the second time was in the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, swimming with whale sharks. I have loved sharks ever since grade 4, when I read a book about them and realized how interesting and misunderstood they are!
- I collect quotes the way some people collect buttons. I have a notebook full of quotes from books, the notes app on my phone is full of quotes I’ve said, heard, and read, and my quotes board on Pinterest is probably my most used one!
- I love baking. I also love eating whatever I bake.
- I have a pet turtle. His name is Jude, after the Beatles song ‘Hey Jude’. I also have a cat, who likes to sleep on my chair and make me move.
- I’ve never broken a bone. Excuse me while I go knock on wood.
- I had my first article published in a local newspaper when I was 11. It was about friendship. Writing that article quite literally changed the course of my life, because it was from then on out that I knew I wanted to be a writer.
7. My favourite number is 32. When I was in first grade, my favourite numbers were 2 and 3; however, it was too impractical to have two favourite numbers so I decided to combine them. I liked 32 better than 23, so it stuck.
Drum roll, please! In no particular order, I would like to nominate: Suzie81 Speaks, Fill Your Own Glass, Of Opinions, and In Others’ Words. Please check out these fantastic and inspiring blogs, and enjoy your weekend!!